Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 3 - The Answer to All my Aches and Pains

How could I have been so blind and forgetful? I've rediscovered how to get an incredible workout that tones and helps me to burn fat without the strain and pressure on my knees. YOGA! D'uh!

A few weeks back I went crazy nuts being trapped in the house due to a LOT of snow this winter and 4 bald tires on my "new" used car. I proved to my husband I can still spend $300 from the comfort of our den while still in my pajamas. I got James a top of the line Exesauser (hey, gotta help the economy where and when I can) and three dvd's. I've mentioned two of them already. Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred and the 10 Mintue Trainer. I also bought The Biggest Loser's Weight Loss Yoga. Mostly for Bob. God, he's sexy. His ass is smaller than mine, so it will never work out between us...he's just nice to look at. I wonder why his tattoos have been air brushed off his arm's on the dvd's cover? Whoops. Rambling again. Third cup of coffee this morning. New Mom Tip: Make black coffee your best friend....I'm not breast feeding before anyone gets in a huff.

Yesterday was yoga flex day on 10 minute trainer so I decided rather than just do that one 10 minute session of yoga (the third day there is not a recommended "stacked" workout) I'd use Bob's dvd. DH laughs at me because I like to watch my exercise tapes a head of time just to see what I will be getting myself into. I didn't think I'd be able to do this particular yoga dvd. I underestimated myself. I'm already pretty flexable and have a great love of yoga due to an incredible instructure who introduced me to yoga. Unfortunately she went away to India. Tiffany is a great person. I continued to practice yoga until I was 7 months pregnant, rolling around on the floor, laughing at myself as big as a whale. She always reminded me I looked beautiful. I digress (again). So I'm doing the more advanced moves. Shaking and sweating and it is over before I know it. Don't have much upper body strength (never did) but am working on it. I felt GREAT after. Knee didn't bother me at all. BRILLIANT!

Today however...another story. I can tell yoga worked it's magic. My arm muscles (triceps) are sore and my inner thighs are singing wonderfully. Ahh....the feel of accomplishment!
Tomorrow is my weigh in. I'm expecting BIG changes. Feeling good this week. YAY!

Breakfast
Multigrain Cheerios
Yogurt
Black Coffee

Lunch
English Muffin
Egg
1/2 oz Cheese
1c 1% milk

Dinner
Couscous
3oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Mushroom soup sauce
Steamed brocolli
1c 1% Milk

Snack
Canned Pineapple

No comments: