Wednesday, January 18, 2012

The Music to Move You

On my run today I forgot to change the playlist from what the kids and I had been dancing to while cleaning up after dinner last night.  I ended up doing my entire run/walk/climb to NKOTBSB.  I'm not one for pop music.  There are certain Lady Gaga and Katy Perry little ditties that I can tolerate, mostly though my tastes are a little harder.  Usually the angrier or faster, the better.  The change to the "older" happy music of my childhood energized me and got me moving better than the "other stuff".

Music really does set the mood.  When I used to work out at the gym on my lunch hours at work, the harder the music the better for me.  I needed that type of music to fit my mood back then.  I have a job that, at times, is very fast paced, demanding and stressful.  I would go for an hour, do 25 minutes of cardio and 15 minutes of weights.  I needed something that would relieve my stress and help push my body to my limits.  Nothing like a little Disturbed, Drowning Pool or Rob Zombie to sweat to!  Trust me, these sessions saved some of my more needy clients a punch in the nose.

Now that I am off work I need something to be able to relax and reflect to.  To remind me of the simpler things in life.  A little bubble gum pop music may just be able to do it, in the form of New Kids on the Block and Backstreet Boys.  I even found myself mouthing the words to songs at times.  Great, I'm getting soft in my old age.  I draw the line at Justin Bieber though.  These ears are still Bieber virgins.

It is too bad that Weight Watchers officially starts tomorrow and today was the very first weigh in to get the starting weight on the little side bet Brad and I have going again.  Compared to last week I lost 3.8 pounds!  See?  The program works when followed and followed correctly.  Add to that my attempts at clean eating (cleaning anyway), I had an awesome week.  I'm still 2 pounds above where I got down to prior to the Christmas season, but I will not and am not dwelling on it.  I actually felt so disgusted with myself and depressed beyond any level I had been since starting my medication that I am using that to motivate me and keep me motivated.  I do not want to feel that bloated and low on energy again. Weight this week: 190.6

Today's dinner was another recipe out of The Best of Clean Eating.  The picture makes it look quite naughty, however, under that cheese is a whole whack of vegetables and turkey sausage.  The home-made crust was whole wheat and nice and crispy.  A definite try again.





PointsPlus™ Tracker entries

Wednesday, January 18, 2012
Morning
1  serving(s) Kelloggs Special K
2
1  large banana(s)
0
2  cup(s) black coffee
0
1  cup(s) low-fat milk
3
Subtotal 5
Midday
1  large egg(s)
2
2  item(s) egg white(s)
1
1  cup(s) fresh spinach
0
1/2 cup(s) button mushrooms
0
1/2 oz Cheddar or colby cheese
2
1/2 item(s) Ezekiel 4:9
2
1  serving(s) Activia Peach/Prune Yogurt
3
Subtotal 10
Evening
1/2 cup(s) strawberries
0
3  Tbsp 95% fat free whipped topping
1
2  Windy City Pie
14
Subtotal 15
Anytime
No entries for this meal time.  
Subtotal 0
Food PointsPlus values total used 30
Food PointsPlus values remaining 0
Exercise
30 min jogging
7
10 min stairclimber, 36 steps per minute
2
30 min walking, brisk
3
Activity PointsPlus values earned 12
Check off these important items daily:
Liquids
      
Milk & Milk Products
   
Fruit & Vegetables
     
Multivitamin/Mineral
 
Healthy Oil
  

No comments: