Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 1 - Was that a Hip I Felt?

Lying in bed read last night, feeling every single pain of the day's work out I was able to find a hip bone! Sure I was laying down. Sure it wasn't exactly in the same spot it used to be in...there was a lot more padding on the side of it rather than at the edge of my body where it used to be...but it was definitely there! Progress!

Lunch yesterday didn't go as planned but that's okay. I still stayed within points. I ended up finishing off the previous night's leftovers of ravioli and cauliflower bake. There was more cauliflower than pasta left so that made it even better. Any way to sneak in a vegetable is okay in my book...as long as I can't taste it. Did pretty good other wise. Taco's for dinner. Had two. Snacked more than I anticipated. Gotta skip past commercials on t.v. Do you know in one half hour show they can cram in 10 food commercials? Sometimes two within the same two minute break. Normally I can fight the urge. Last night though I was tired and I know that isn't an excuse...I do have flex points available. So I had an English Muffin with Peanut Butter for an extra 4 points and 2 slices of kielbasa. Ashamed I know. I'll just have to work extra hard for my work out today.

Just going with the flow today. Hopefully the baby will have a long enough nap for me to complete my DVD workout. Yesterday he fell asleep just before feeding time so he went down for a nap and only slept for 15 minutes. Tried to work through the screaming but I must admit, I used it as an excuse to get out of some of the harder power moves to turn on the kettle and get his bottle ready. Wuss. I forgot how much gaining weight can add pressure to your knee joints. Can't wait to be able to get off the floor again with out pain or having to lean on something. All these added benefits that go along not with just losing weight but with being healthy. Now if only I can get the husband to get on board with me...

Breakfast
1c Multigrain Cheerios 2
1/2c 1% Milk 1

Snack
Source Yogurt 1

Lunch
2 slices Whole Wheat Bread 2
1 slice Smoked Turkey Breast 1
Mustard
Water
Dill Pickle

Dinner
Sheppard's Pie 7

Exercise
20 min DVD - 30 day Shed

No comments: