Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 5 - Exercise Buddies and the Unsuspecting Motivators

Last night was aerobics class. I'll admit. I'm not the most co-ordinated person there. I'm certainly not the hardest working. There are times I'm sure I've made the instructor laugh as I'm facing the class doing exactly the opposite of what I'm supposed to be doing. I do however try and sometimes that is all that matters.

When doing something like this that you hate, it is best to have a friend to struggle right along with you. I did NOT want to go to aerobics last night. I had a "challenging" day with James to say the least. I'm not sure what is going on with him. It may be a growth spurt. He was hungry every three hours and cranky the other two. We've even started him on a little bit of rice cereal to see if that will keep him fuller longer. They grow up so fast and it is really rather depressing....but again, that is another blog. Laying on the couch waiting to leave for the class I said to Brad I really didn't want to go tonight. He said, don't go. That was not an option. I knew my exercise buddy would be there. She was the only reason I went last night. I didn't want to let her down. I know I wouldn't want to be "stood up" at exercise class so I got up off my ass and out the door. While my energy level is up I think my co-ordination issues are holding me back. Of course when Kristen (aka exercise buddy) got there I tried to convince her to ditch the session with me and head over to Starbucks. She was all for it...but in the end we ended up staying and working our asses off. Gotta love those lunges back and forth across the gym.The other kind of motivator are the unsuspecting and somewhat rude people. You want to piss me off? Tell me I can't do something. I'm stubborn that way...or maybe I just have issue with being told what to do...always have and always will. Hmmm...guess I was "challenging" for my parents. *SIGH* some of the fights we used to have...good times...good times.

About a month before I had the baby Brad and I attended a wedding. I was large and uncomfortable and sat in a corner for all of it but someone who has (surprising to me) become someone special to me was getting married and I had to be there. There wasn't any assigned seating and by the time we waddled down to see if there were any seats they only ones available were with a couple we didn't know. I'm not good with new people and horrible at small talk so most of the conversation revoloved around my obvious pregnancy. I of course bitched about the weight I had gained throughout and that I couldn't wait to lose it. I was rather taken aback when the lady told me I never would. It would never go away. Clearly she didn't know me. I didn't take it personally. Throughout my pregnancy I've had various women tell me to kiss my body good bye. I'd like to see in what manual does it say that you can say anything no matter how rude the question or comment to a pregnant woman. I'm surprised there aren't more homicides perputrated by pregnant women against some unfortunate asshole who asks a random stranger in the grocery store if she was having twins. Um lady, hey, at least I had an excuse for being fat...what was YOURS? Tell me I can't do something and I'll prove you wrong. Everytime.

Breakfast
1c Multigrain Cheerios
Yogurt
Black Coffee

Snack
Baby Carrots

Lunch
Egg
2 slices whole wheat bread
Milk
Fiber One Bar

Snack
Small Apple

Dinner
Vegetable Lasagna
Milk

No comments: