Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 3 - Picture Embarassment and Measurements



I couldn't be more depressed if I tried. Last night was FIL's birthday and so we went to the in-law's apartment for dinner. The husband brought the camera, why, I don't know. He didn't take any pictures but instead decided to show MIL the pictures that were on the memory card. All 5 of them. Oh, and the pictures I took of me. Lifting my shirt. From different angles.

I took them so I could see the progess I'm making. Only took them 2 weeks ago...so it wasn't pretty. My husband's response, not knowing they were on there? Oh, and these are Kim pregnant. First of all, we didn't have that camera when I was pregnant. It is new. Second of all, DO NOT argue with me that I am wrong. I took them, I know full well when I took them. Maybe he was trying to give me an out. Maybe he was embarassed for me. I wasn't embarassed. I was pissed...and hurt. Yes, I know I look horrible. Yes, I know I'm fat and saggy. But help me out a little bit here. You're not exactly a prize body builder either. I guess that is how he sees me. Now he knows why I'm not interested in sex...okay, that and the fact I squeezed out a 9lb 4oz baby three months ago. So many issues. I won't allow him to grab at my hips...there aren't any there. I won't let him touch my stomach, like I'm afraid he'll suddenly come to the realization it isn't flat anymore. Basically lights out, eyes closed and get it over with. Apparently it doesn't matter anymore anyway. He saw the picture, he knows.



Since I was already feeling like a million bucks, might as well take measurments. Normally Monday is my "results" day. I did weigh in, but it doesn't count. If anyone is actually following my blog, you'll know last week I gained 4 pounds thanks to the weekend (back up to 200.6 can't seem to stay away from that "2"). Today I was down to 197.6 total loss of 3lbs. Not recording that "officially" on the Weight Watchers site until Friday...new weigh in day. Took other measurements though and will record those once a month.

As it stands:
Chest 40" (pre-pregnancy 36)
Left upper arm 14" (pre-pregnancy 11 1/2")
Right upper arm 13 1/3" (pre-pregnancy 11")
Waist 37" (pre-pregnancy 27" this is the measurement I'm most upset about)
Hips 41 1/2"
(pre-pregnancy 38")
Left thigh 28" (can't remember pre-pregnancy but I've always hated my thighs and hey, they are now what my waist used to be!)
Right thigh 28 1/2"

Today is aerobics and I'm starting 10 Minute Trainer today hopefully it isn't too complicated.

Breakfast
1c Multigrain Cheerios
Black Coffee
Source Yogurt

Lunch
1 lrg egg
English Muffin
1/2 oz Cheese
Dill Pickle

Dinner
Homemade vegetable lasagna (hopefully)
1c 1% Milk

Snack
Fiber One Bar

No comments: