Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 5 - Does One Day Make a Difference?

Whoops. A known fact about me. I am anal retentive. I like routine. I like to stick to a strict schedule. I do not adapt well to change. I enjoy being a hermit. I know what works for me. Today was one of those days where life must happen regardless of what your goals are and what your plans for a normal day usually are.

My days are pretty much the same. James wakes up anywhere between 7:00am and 8:30am. We get out of bed. Watch the morning news. Ellen comes on at 9 (anal to the point where I have the satellite to come on automatically) 10:00 satellite switches to Seasame Street usually at this time James will have his nap. I will put the baby down, get dressed (hopefully remember to brush my teeth) and sit down to write my daily blog. Baby will wake up. Feed baby. I have lunch. We play. James will have his second nap between 1 and 3. At this time I exercise. Brad comes home. Dinner. Feed baby. Watch tv. Put baby to bed, shower and go to sleep. Pretty straight forward. I have set times for breakfast, snacks, lunch and dinner. So what happens when James must go for his 2nd Booster Shots and I'm not home all day?The day started off routine. Breakfast was the usual. Stopped off at Tim Horton's and got a black coffee and double doubles for the parents. Mom opened her Valentine's Chocolates....I refused any...Mom went to make lunch...turkey salad sandwich (on white bread eek!) and when no one was in the room with me I had a turtle. No problem...one won't hurt. Had lunch. Took James to doctor...we to Walmart...back to parent's. Mom opened Sun Chips. Initally told myself I wasn't going to have any...but ended up eating them any way. Had a cookie at my parents. Mom and Dad have a tradition of giving us kids valentine's chocolates...nothing big, just a small heart of 5 chocolates...ate those and a Nature Valley bar (for 4 points) when I got home. Went a little crazy today I think. Dinner was healthy bake fish fillets and french fries.Currently at 7:30pm I am trying to drink my entire day's water in three hours hoping and praying it will cleans my system for tomorrow's weigh in. I was expecting and hoping to break out of the 190's tomorrow. Probably not going to happen now. Just another one of life's lessons that there are no days off. "Just one little..." will make a difference and I have no one to blame but myself. I'll tell myself one thing then the food goes out and I can't seem to stop myself.On a positve note, I must tell of my small victory from yesterday. I had planned on going over points at dinner yesterday. Dinner wasn't planned and we were just going to have frozen pizza. Each slice is five points. I only had 10 points left for the day. I PLANNED on having four slices like I usually do (Brad and I split the pizza evenly). While dinner was cooking, I checked my e-mail. Waiting for me was an e-mail from another one of my close and special friends. We're struggling though this weight thing together. She e-mailed me her daily journal. In reading her journal and thoughts for that day I felt guilty. And was reminded why I'm doing this. I cheat on Weight Watchers for just one day and it'll come back to haunt me. The amount of sodium alone in frozen pizza is enough to gain a pound! So thanks to her...I only had the two slices and NOTHING else to eat for the rest of the night. Oddly...I was satified with eating only the two. I didn't need the four to not be hungry. Proof that it is all in the head. Thank you and Happy Birthday my friend...I didn't forget...life happens. See you on the 28th to celebrate :DTomorrow is results day...stay tuned...I already know how it'll end....TOM and stupid bad day today.

No comments: