Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 4 - Weekend Ramblings

What can I say? Even God took a day off when he created the universe. Haven't been as good as I would have liked to have been this weekend and that's okay. No body is perfect 100% of the time. Once in a while you have to give into cravings. Even in "failure" there were some small successes and it is better to focus on these things.

Had a wonderful time with the girls on the weekend. It was my first time out without James sine he was born. I felt guilty leaving the husband alone with a sick baby but honestly there was nothing I could do for either of them and I was alone with him Friday and will continue to be once the weekend is over. Will be taking the little guy to the dr on Monday if they can fit me in. He sounds horrible...but is fine otherwise and is still eating and sleeping like a fiend.

Our lunch out was great. I had planned on pork soulvaki but am not a big fan of pork so had the chicken on a pita instead yum! NO FRIES! I had soup. I forget what it was called...chicken with rice and lemon...very good! No dessert but LOTS of diet Pepsi...mmmm...fountain pop! We had time to kill between lunch and movies so some of the girls went to Starbucks. I LOVE Caffiene. I LOVE latte's. I LOVE EXTRA LARGE LATTES with LOTS OF CAFFIENE. Even with skim milk the point value for some of those drinks is more than my lunch and snack combined! I declined. Even though I had a gift card so it wouldn't have cost me a thing. That in itself is small victory for me! At the movies I rewarded my weight loss with a small pop corn (I was surprised at how big the "small" pop corn actually is. Yes I had butter on it and yes, I enjoyed every mouthful! Er, sorry to my neighbours for the smelliness of my ketchup sprinkly.

Didn't have or need dinner. But...as the night went on...I wasn't even hungry. I wasn't bored. But I did look for something to nibble. My parents had been over the night before to babysit me and my sick baby. Mom brought over Flakies and chips and dip. Friday I was good. I had a flakey...hey, I could fit it in. Stayed away from the chips. Saturday night while were watched a movie I really had no interest in (the Rock and Rollah) I needed to do "something" so I had some (did not finish!) the chips and dip. I don't understand why I had the urge. I made sure to keep my hands busy. I was knitting and usually that keeps me occupied enough to avoid the nibbles.
The next morning I finished off the chips and dip.

That's cool. I can live with my indiscresions. If I can contain them to the weekend, I'll be a happy girl. Hey, it is much better than my previous rationelle...I've already blown this day might as well...I've already blown this weekend, I might as well...Shit...I've already blown this week, I might as well... Another small victory? I haven't been on the scale ONCE this weekend! I get discourage when I see the number has gone up because of a bad day. That's when the cycle of well...I've already blown... Today, I don't feel like I've blown anything and I'm anxious to get this week started already so I can make it to Friday. I hope to be AT LEAST 189 by then...we'll see!

Hope everyone had a great weekend!

No comments: