Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 6 - The Results Blog

Well...it is good new / bad news. The bad news is, as I suspected I gained. Not as much as I thought. I gained 0.6 this week. It seems to me that I am NEVER breaking out of this 190 stuff. Current weight is logged at 191.4. I've come to the conclusion, with the help of a friend, it is time for some external intervention. We will be joining Weight Watchers meetings together tomorrow. The on-line program works great for those who are diciplined. I also found it helped me more with maintaining my goal weight better especially while I was at work. Now, desperate times call for desperate measures...and it'll get me out of the house!

The measurement results are much more encouraging. Drumroll please! Chest: Previous -40" (pre-pregnancy 36) CURRENT 39" (always the first place to loose!)Left upper arm 14" (pre-pregnancy 11 1/2") CURRENT 13"Right upper arm 13 1/3" (pre-pregnancy 11") CURRENT 13"Waist 37" (pre-pregnancy 27" this is the measurement I'm most upset about) CURRENT 35" (2" GONE!!!)Hips 41 1/2" (pre-pregnancy 38") CURRENT 41" (The hardest place to lose and I've got genetics working against me)Left thigh 28" CURRENT 28"Right thigh 28 1/2" CURRENT 28" So...a total of 5" gone. I am obviously most happy about the 2" gone from my waist. My hips and thighs are going to be a challenge. I went on a super long walk yesterday to the college and back. Had a great opportunity to walk and think. I really do think I need to just relax this week and get back to my "life style change" hard core next week. I haven't been "feeling it" since week 3 it appears. That's 3 weeks I've given up on myself. I think once the spring comes and the nicer weather comes, James and I can get to the backyard and get gardening things will be better. Open the windows, let the fresh air in. I can't give in and just accept this is the new me. I'm not happy with that.Happy weekend everyone!

No comments: