Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 4 - Food Boredom and the Standstill

Looking over my food journal entries, my "menu" seems pretty predictable. Morning, Cheerios, coffee and yougurt. Snack Fiber One Bar. Lunch Egg on an English Muffin, occasionally a potato. Dinner, is the only thing that changes however there is not a vegetable in sight. Nor are there many dairy servings. I can explain that...I HATE drinking my points which explains my addiction to black coffee (I honestly really do hate the taste of coffee!) and diet pop.

Having the same thing constantly isn't good for weight loss. Your body becomes accustom to the same meals all the time. I noticed yesterday that my usual lunch that at first was really rather quite filling, was unsatisfing. Next week I am going to try and challenge myself to expanding my menu options. It has always been challenging to try and eat vegetables...next week every dinner will include at least one serving of vegetables. And I'll have one glass of milk with lunch from this point forward.

I don't think I'm going to hit my goal of losing 3 pounds this week. I've been sneaking peaks and it doesn't appear the scale is moving at all. I'm getting discouraged. I had this problem last time I lost 40 pounds. I'd have a great week then slack the week after. I don't have the fury motivation I had last week either. It is almost like I need to gain a week to be able to lose the week after. We'll see how it goes. It is only the middle of the week. A lot can happen in two days. I need to up my water intake as well.10 Mintue Trainer is going well. Getting better at some of the moves. I'm still skeptical. I miss days (like the weekends and Mondays because I know I've got my aerobics class at night I'll do my weight loss yoga instead) so I'm only on day 6 today. I took a moment yesterday to just stand in my clothes and evaluate how I was feeling. Yep...the clothes are starting to fit better. Maybe at the end of February I'll pull out the size 12's to see if they fit yet. I've taken down the size 8's from the kitchen. I really didn't need the constant reminder in my face all the time. If anything it was making me more discouraged than helping. I kept thinking I was just going to wake up one morning and POOF! They fit! I think what will really help me is to go out and buy some clothes that do fit my new body. Bite the bullet and buy the larger sizes. My sweaters from my previous body and tank tops excentuate the fat rolls because they are tight and I can only fool myself for so long that I look presentable in them. Once this snow melts, I'm talking my Mother on a shopping trip of a life time...of course I'll have to save now...all my money goes to the up keep of the house but that is another issue and another blog all together.

Breakfast (say it with me!)
1c Multigrain Cheerios
Source
Yogurt 100ml
Black Coffee

Lunch (changing it up here a little)
Tuna w/ 1 tbsp lite mayo
2 slices Whole Wheat bread
Dill Pickle
Depending on what we have 1c Soup
1c 1% Milk

Dinner
Lite version of Fetticini Alfredo - Kraft Kitchen receipe.

No comments: