Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 11 - REALLY? Week 11 already?

Week 11?? Why am I not back in my old pants? Or at the very least my sweaters? Obviously my original goal of losing 50 pounds by May was unrealistic. Some people can do it. I guess I'm not one of them. I DO NOT want to take 2 years to lose it like the first time but it seems like I'm headed that way. Which is totally going to suck because by then I may want another baby.

The thought absolutely horrifies me. Why am I losing this weight just to possibly regain it again and go through this depression and self loathing and hard work just to get pregnant and gain all over again? Second time will be different. The first thing I'm going to ask the doctor is to send me to a nutrionialist (um...can't spell this one and spell checker doesn't recognize it...guess I'm not even close ;) ). The second thing would be continue to go to the gym on my lunch hours (like I planned this time and couldn't). I will not get lazy. I'll will tell you one thing for sure. It isn't going to happen unless I get back down to my pre-pregnancy weight that's for DAMN sure.

Yesterday was good. I have to be a super saint this week to ensure I don't gain due to my wondrous weekend of pizza, wings and garlic bread (my typical weekend fare before getting pregnant and it didn't bother me at the time...gee was it because I'd work my ass off at the gym?!!). I'm committed to it. Brad knows the situation and is on board, helping me out the best he can which is going to be a huge asset to me. If I can get him helping me, I'll be all the more successful. That includes not suggesting things he'll know I'll say yes to and sending me out of the kitchen when I wander in there to forge like a forest animal.

Let's see yesterday I did 15 minutes of the Jillian Michael's Wii 2009 Fitness Ultimatum game. Don't know how good of an "exercise" routine it is but at least I wasn't just sitting doing nothing for 15 minutes and the jogging in place is actually really really hard. During James' afternoon nap did 45 minutes of yoga and of course 45 minutes of high impact aerobics last night (and 15 minutes of low impact). Total of 7 activity points. Plan on going for a walk this afternoon.

Food wise, still a lot of processed food and not enough "natural" food. Still need more vegetables and less snacking. Monday's are difficult though. I'm now finding a peanut butter sandwich before aerobics gives me enough energy to keep up but not enough to sustain me for the rest of the night. Need to find something to eat after the class that is light. Last night it was a hot dog.

POINTS® Tracker entries
Monday, March 30, 2009

Morning
1 cup(s) Multi-Grain Cheerios Plus 2
1 cup(s) low-fat milk 2
1 bar(s) Chocolate caramel 1
1 cup(s) black coffee 0
Subtotal 5


Midday
2 slice(s) whole-wheat bread 2
1 item(s) whole hard-boiled egg(s) 2
250ml Campbell's Minestrone Soup 2
32 oz water 0
Subtotal 6

Evening
1 tbsp peanut butter 2
2 slice(s) whole-wheat bread 2
1 bar(s) Peanut butter bliss 1
Subtotal 5


Anytime
1 item(s) regular hot dog, beef or pork 5
1/2 cup(s) canned pineapple, packed in juice 1.5
1 pouch(es) Sourdough pretzel thins 2
1 slice(s) whole-wheat bread 1
Subtotal 9.5

Food POINTS values total used 25.5
Food POINTS values remaining 0


Exercise
45 min aerobics, high-intensity 7

Activity POINTS values earned 7

Wow. 9.5 points for "anytime" food? Not good. Though it does include my pre-workout meal.

1 comment:

Carolyn R. Parsons said...

Infinite patience leads to immediate results. Let go of the results and focus on the journey, enjoy it, believe it will take you where you must go and maybe next baby will find a mom with healthy food attitudes and a healthier body!

Is it nutritionist? No spell check on the comment window.

Breeze