Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 3 - I'm a Wuss

Work through the pain. Let's get two things straight. First, yes, I like the pain of exercising. I internalize it for motivation. No pain, no gain right? But let's be honest it has to be a certain kind of pain. I am a complete wuss when it comes to the kind of pain that could damage myself for the rest of my life. Don't know what I've done to my knee. It could be wearing improper shoes while doing aeriobics on my carpeted living room floor or it could be the extra weight I'm carrying. Either way I didn't go to aerobics last night. I instead had a nice steamy hot bath. Knee felt great after! And the second thing...this isn't going to stop me.

I've been sneaking peeks at the scale and I'm liking what I've been seeing. I'm not going to ruin the suspence for Friday's weigh in. In that case, I should probably stop sneaking those peeks...don't want to ruin it for myself either! Last night's eating was perfect. My vegetable lasagna is just about the only thing I make well enough to feed to others. It only has three layers of noodles, no fat cottage cheese, and lots and lots of vegetables. You'd hardly know it was good for you! SInce I hate eating vegetables this is the perfect way to sneak them in.
Okay it isn't that I don't like eating vegetables. I find them plain and boring. I'm okay once they are in something or are prepared in a different fashion other than cooked to mush in the mircowave. Oddly, canned peas are my favourite. Can't get enough of the canned peas. I enjoy brussell sprouts. One their own, even in the microwave, they have good flavour. A steamer can be your best friend when it comes to brocolli and cauliflower. Got one as a wedding gift four years ago (thanks Uncle Scott and Aunt Teresa!) best invention ever. Also great for cooking chicken breasts and fish...er...just make sure no one is coming over to your house for the next two days, tends to be a little stinky.

Other favourite meals? Weight Watchers has an awesome Sheppard's Pie receipe. One serving only 6 points and again, a good source of vegetables. Cabbage roll casseroll another favourite. Mostly cabbage. Very low in points and very filling. Chili...again a Weight Watchers receipe for 1 point chili, make a big pot of it and freeze. Huh, I'm kind of hungry now. It is noon time for lunch.

I'm not sure how my schedule will go today. The baby is in a transitional stage where his napping schedule is all turned around. I'm not going to complain though. He went down for two hours yesterday, enabling me to make two lasagnas. Today though, he's napping now...and I have to go pick up the husband from work tonight at three...there goes the exercise and nap routine. I suppose I could do it while he's here...I just hate being watched. Don't mind so much when the baby watches, he just giggles at how silly his Mommy is. I'll figure something out.

Breakfast
1c Multigrain Cheerios
Yogurt
Black Coffee

Lunch
1 lrg Egg
1 English Muffin
1/2 oz Cheese (tip: 4 "dice sized" cheese cubes = 1 oz)
2 Dill Pickles
Oh, and ketchup lots of it

Dinner
Vegetable Lasagna
1c 1% Milk

Snack
Fiber One bar

I may not be eating enough with this menu...I'll have to add some snacks in there somewhere. I'm currently supposed to be eating 26 a day. I previously was eating 21 pre-pregnancy.

No comments: