Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 2 - The Wedding Rings

Much like my belt holes, my wedding rings will be my next sign of accomplishment. My fingers have always been long and slender. Very girly hands...okay, except in this horribly dry weather. They age 25 years in a week. Quick tip...diaper cream works wonders on dry cracking hands...but I digress.

My wedding rings are a size 5. Most days I can't get my engagment ring past my knucle. Other days when my hands aren't as swollen I can get it down to where it belongs but forget about taking it off without lots of lube. Tried to wear both wedding band and e-ring together and there was a nice fat bubble between the two. I hate not wearing them. I can see all the old"er" ladies when I"m out, seeing me with a kid, glacing at my finger and I hear the "tsk" of disapproval. Geez women, get with the new century already! I do however feel naked without them. They were expensive and just sit on my night table. Sometimes when I'm feeling especially depressed, I'll sleep with them under my pillow to remind me why I'm doing what I'm doing.

Yesterday was hard. We're out of most food in the house. So I'm unable to have my 10:30 and 3:30 snack which scares me a little. Helpful tip: when doing Weight Watchers keep low point snacks in the house. I like Oat and Chocolate Fiber One bars for 2 points and Souce Yogurt for 1 and apples. Very important to have fresh fruit in the house. When I'm out of these things I'll look for other things and end up eating a peanut butter sandwich which if you're not careful with what bread you're using or how much peanut butter you've globbed on, you've just blown your day...and FORGET if you get the urge to splurge on strawberry jam!

I still had my headache...but decided to exercise anyway. Didn't work quite as hard and my form was terrible and I paid for it after I was done. Lead with my neck for crunches and pulled a muscle which made my headache all the more worse. Got the urge to eat about 9:00 after James was put to bed. So rather than troll the kitchen, I had a nice hot bath. Brushed my teeth immediately afterward (don't know if you've ever tried eating peanut butter after brushing your teeth. I don't recommend it.) then went to bed, dripping wet hair and all.

So long story short, I'm putting the rings away for a month. Will come back to try them on in March. Hopefully I'll be surprised. Today is all planned out foodwise:

Breakfast
1c Multigrain Cheerios
Lots of black coffee (I buy flavoured coffee so I don't miss my Starbucks too much)

Lunch
Tuna Sandwich
Dill Pickle
1c 1% Milk

Dinner
3oz Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast
Cream of Mushroom Soup sauce
Steamed Broccoli
1/2c Couscous
1c 1% Milk

Snack
Hopefully I can find something that fits...wait! I think I still have canned pineapple from when I was pregnant and had a craving for something I normally don't like!

No comments: