Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 2 - The Weekend is here again

The hated and feared weekend is here again. I think I'm going about it all the wrong way. Since I'm off on maternaty leave, I'm home all day everyday anyway. Why should two little days of the week be any different for my habits? Especially when, like yesterday, the husband went to work? We got smart though. We planned on cooking dinner, a Mexican Feista night. I did well. We had planned on double decker tacos, a homemade version of churros (made with crecent rolls), nachos and a simple version of "fried" ice cream. I ended up only having the tacos and churros! Big improvement from pizza, wing and garlic bread with cheese night!

Since hitting 30 in October I've been falling apart. At nine months pregnant at the time and feeling and looking as big as a house, the occasion came and went without too much celebration. My friends were dolls, we met for lunch at a nice resturant. I felt like crap the whole time we were there, but was moved that my friends would go to that trouble. Little did we all know that by the next weekend there would be a baby 2 1/2 weeks early. Being pre-occupied like that though turning 30 snuck by without me obsessing about the fact I'm now "old". Ugh. I already miss my 20's. Didn't have the knee issue I"m currently having. Of course, the knee is more me doing aerobics in my living room, on carpeted flooring in improper shoes. Converse One Stars are not the recommended foot wear for any activity other than looking good. My wrist still is losing strength. But again, this problem can be blamed on being pregnant. The I.V. put in my wrist in the hospital really fucked up. I just love waking up in the morning, trying to pick up a 15 pound baby with a shooting tweeking warm pain running up my arm. It is especially delightful when said baby is being fed, or held in my lap and hammers right on the sore spot on my forearm. Charming. I'm sleepy all the time. Again, could be a side effect of having a 3 month old in the house. Hmmm....maybe turning 30 really is nothing special. I feel pretty much the same as I did when I was 21...er...just with less vodka and weed.

So Monday I'm done playing around. I'm going to weigh myself, but "official" weigh in day is moving to Friday. Enough of this after the weekend shit and getting discouraged. I'll be taking and posting (EEK!) my measurements and weight. And I'll be starting my 10 Minute Trainer dvd's. I'm going to post my before baby, during baby, after baby and progress pictures...it this hard to use blog will allow me. I can't even post it to my profile. Getting annoyed. But I ramble...again.

Happy weekend!

No comments: