Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 2 - TWO BELT HOLES!

This is really rather exciting! Previously I mentioned I wasn't going to focus as much on the numbers on the scale (um...even though I've been on the scale four times since getting up this morning...do you know how much your weight can fluctuate in three hours?) but rather focus on the other evidences of weight loss and toning. Today after putting the baby down for a nap I got dressed and brushed my teeth (hey, that in itself is a small victory!). Decided to get crazy and try my old leather belt. Hadn't used it since just after having the baby and quickly put it away when I was using the very first hole and it is the kind of belt that have the metal gromits all around it. Today when I put it on...it was able to use the 4th hole!

This has been a good week so far. I didn't exercise yesterday at all I had a busy day. Unfortunately I missed lunch so I snacked. Tried to make "smart" decisions as far as my snacking was concerned. Okay, I don't know how "smart" the Dutchie doughnut was...but I fit it in to my point allotment. That is the beauty of Weight Watchers. Had a small piece of premade vegetable lasagna. Do you know how many points they can cram into 1/8th of a slice of that shit? I guess I'm just going to have to make and freeze my own. It is twelve times better than any store bought crap anyway.

I learned my lesson about missing lunch though. I had one mother er...loving headache all day and it got progressively worse all night. Note to self....migraines and screaming teething babies DO NOT mix. Fortunately it didn't quite hit migraine status (haven't had one of those in 3 years...know on wood) and the screaming baby didn't hit critical screaming stage. But if those two events in life ever coincide...I'm screwed.

So last night I watched the Biggest Loser. I honestly love that show however it set me up for disappointment. Watching the show gets me motivated and revved up for my weigh in. When I see a loss of .8 I get discouraged. One dude last night lost 18 pounds in one week! I can't even do that in a month! 18 pounds! That's incrediable. Of course if I weren't home with the baby or having to work otherwise I'd be able to do nothing but exercise. And if I had a personal chef I would eat properly to. So many times my husband has had to remind me that yes, Nicole Kidman can have a kid one day and the next week be right back to where she was pre-baby. I could do that too if I had her money. With all these pregnant celebrities lately, it is hard not to compare yourself.

I tell you though. Be happy with what you've got when you've got it. I wasn't and now I only want it again. I'll get there one week at a time...one day at a time.

No comments: