Thursday, March 12, 2009

Week 7 - The Lunch Date

Going for lunch today. I checked out the menu yesterday and am more confused than ever. The things I usually order, thinking it is a safer choice, are actually higher in calories and fat. Actually most things on the menu have high fat contents. I guess that is why food always tastes so good when you eat out! I'll probably just have soup and salad. I'll save money that way and still be able to have dinner later.

Since I've rejoined Weight Watchers meetings I've changed my weigh in day to Saturday. I wonder how that will effect my weight loss. It took some getting used to using my flex points at the beginning of the week rather than at the end of it. Ultimately I'd like not to use any flex points at all so I can speed up my weight loss. With weekend, it is hard. However, in an effort to save money, we really should stop getting as much takeout as we do. Actually, that was the plan. My husband and I worked out a budget this past summer. We both bought cars. Mine was used, his new. As part of being able to afford both the cars and a baby, we were cutting out the take out to once a month at which time we'd eat in a resturant and leave James with his Grandparents. Allowing us time alone and still treat ourselves. Like I've mentioned before...best laid plans. Weekends become a game. I'll wait, not making dinner, in hopes he'll make it...and I'm sure that's what Brad is thinking too...until finally we both look at each other in the eyes and say the two words that mean the most..."Taco Bell?"I think I wasn't being honest with myself while pregnant. I thought with my previous lifestyle, losing this pregnancy weight would be a breeze. I'd figure I'd just go back to the way I was eating (only 21 points a day) even without the exercise, I'd be back in my pants certainly by this time. Here I sit. James will be 5 months already next week. Still in size 14. The 180's just out of my reach. My first goal weight is 182. In the program, you set mini goals along the way. Why 182? That is what I weighed the first time I joined Weight Watchers. And I'd REALLY like to get back into my wedding rings. I DO NOT want to resize them.That's it for today's ramble. Till next time.

No comments: